For normal-dry hair
As fresh as our beloved river, with peppermint & rosemary! Steeped with wild Canadian herbs known for their hair strengthening properties and crafted with highly nourishing and gently cleansing luxury oils especially to cleanse and nourish hair, these shampoo bars have quickly become a best seller!
To use: Rub on wet hair in small circles for an amazing lather. Lovingly massage. Rinse, rinse, rinse. Optional: Follow with healthy conditioner or rinse 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar.
Organic (certified*) Ingredients: Saponified oils of olive*, coconut*, sustainable palm*, sweet almond, castor*, jojoba, and kukui nut*, fresh snow or mountain spring water, sea salt, burdock*, horsetail*, comfrey*, peppermint*, essential oils* of peppermint and rosemary
A few notes about using the Tanglewood Garden Shampoo Bars- Caring for your glorious (it soon will be!) hair naturally:
- Short hair may not need conditioner.
- If you have long hair or prefer to condition, you have two choices:
1. Follow with a healthy store-bought conditioner.
2. Or, like me, use a simple rinse of 1-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar in a cup of warm water. With head tipped up, pour and massage in gently. Rinse. No smell once dried. Alternatively, you could put the ACV in a spray bottle and spritz on.
Apple cider vinegar makes the hair even softer, untangles, and gently removes the minimal soap residue build-up. It is also good for itchy scalp, dandruff, dull hair, and it helps to restore the natural acid of the scalp.
- If hair is extremely dry or damaged, try the more mild wine vinegar as a rinse.
- Hair bonus: If you can brave it, a cold water rinse stimulates the scalp and leaves hair with an even glossier sheen!
- It may take up to four weeks for your hair and scalp to adjust to a shampoo bar, allowing the shampoo to remove the silicone build up in the hair from commercial shampoos and to restore the natural oil balance to the scalp.
Free of all chemicals, synthetic fragrances and perfumes, preservatives, and dyes.
Au natural styling tip: To style hair naturally, smooth dry ends, and control static I simply smooth a dab of my lotion bar Spiced Coconut and/or aloe vera gel on my moist hair.
"We love these beautiful soaps,my husband recommends the shampoo bar,as it has cleared up a chronic scalp problem that he had after cancer therapy,he had tried many different remedies and nothing worked until this shampoo bar. Thank you!" -Marvelous Usher, FB reviewer
"My hair is fine & thin, & the Clearwater bar gives it more volume & softness." -Sheryl Holstrom, FB reviewer
"I have tried commercial shampoos and even many crafted shampoo bars. All have thinned my hair or made it so oily that I can't do anything with it and it sticks to my head. My hair is super fine and super thin naturally so it's very easy to "ruin" it. The Tanglewood shampoo bars have the perfect balance for me and my hairdresser is impressed with how healthy my hair is when I'm using these! I'm not going back to anything else!" -Angela Gallant, FB reviewer
Absolutely NO: artificial or synthetic fragrances or colours, chemicals, dyes, pesticides, herbicides, GMO's, or preservatives.
Tanglewood Garden Soaps are the lovely simple collaboration of high quality organic carrier oils, organic herbs, plants, and food, organic essential oils, and food grade lye. We proudly only use food (spices, herbs, citrus zest, fresh juiced vegetables, etc) and detoxifiers (activated charcoal and superfoods) to create the beautiful, natural colours and textures. We only include the highest quality therapeutic grade organic essential oils for scent and aromatherapy benefits. Medicinal plants, flowers, and herbs are hand harvested from the generous, giving plants growing on our 80 acres of land. We humbly and delightfully turn them into wonderful, healing soaps.